Rapid advances in technology have and will continue to shape the nature of military and security operations. Today, defence forces and security agencies have to deal with diverse and complex missions, ranging from counter-terrorism to cybersecurity and hybrid warfare. Innovative concepts of operation will be required. The development and sustenance of defence and security capabilities are correspondingly getting increasingly difficult and challenging. Deciding on the technologies to invest in and transitioning them quickly to the forces is no small feat. However, there are opportunities for collaboration.
The Singapore Defence Technology Summit or "Tech Summit" in short is a unique gathering of global thought leaders from defence, security establishments, industry, academia and think tanks to network, confer and collaborate in the development of defence and security capabilities.
- Defence technology policy makers
- National armament directors responsible for capability development
- Chief Defence Scientists responsible for research and development
- Chief Executive Officers and Chief Technology Officers from the industry
- Thought leaders from academia and think tanks